TCU in Intosai
International Organization of Supreme Audit Institutions – INTOSAI
The Brazilian Federal Court of Accounts is a founding member of the International Organization of Supreme Audit Institutions – INTOSAI. During the XXIV International Congress of Supreme Audit Institutions (INCOSAI), held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, from 7 to 11 November 2022, TCU was appointed as the Chair of INTOSAI for three years.
INTOSAI organs are the General Assembly, the Governing Board, General Secretariat, the Regional Organizations (Afrosai, Arabosai, Asosai, Carosai, Eurosai, Olacefs, Pasai), technical committees and working bodies. Currently, the Court takes part in the following bodies:
These working bodies convene from time to time to exchange experiences and assess the progress of their activities.
TCU has hosted some INTOSAI meetings in Brazil, such us:
- the 9th Meeting of the Working Group on Environmental Auditing in June 2004
- the 12th Meeting of the Working Group on Privatization in September 2005
- the 15th Meeting of the Information Technology Committee in May 2006
- the 1st Meeting of the Subcommittee on Performance Audit in August 2006
- the 2nd Meeting of the Subcommittee on Performance Audit in May 2008
- the 4th Performance Audit Subcommittee (PAS) Meeting in Sept 2010
- the 22nd General Assembly of OLACEFS in Nov 2012
- the 8th Meeting of the Steering Committee INTOSAI-Donor Cooperation in Oct 2015
- the WGITA – 25th Meeting of the Working Group on IT Audit in Apr 2016
- the 14th PSC Steering Committee meeting in June 2017