TCU in Intosai
International Organization of Supreme Audit Institutions – INTOSAI
The Brazilian Federal Court of Accounts is a founding member of the International Organization of Supreme Audit Institutions – INTOSAI. During the XXIV International Congress of Supreme Audit Institutions (INCOSAI), held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, from 7 to 11 November 2022, TCU was appointed as the Chair of INTOSAI for three years.
INTOSAI organs are the General Assembly, the Governing Board, General Secretariat, the Regional Organizations (AFROSAI, ARABOSAI, ASOSAI, CAROSAI, EUROSAI, OLACEFS, PASAI), technical committees and working bodies. Currently, the Court takes part in the following bodies:
These working bodies convene from time to time to exchange experiences and assess the progress of their activities.
TCU has hosted some INTOSAI meetings in Brazil, such us:
- the 9th Meeting of the Working Group on Environmental Auditing in June 2004
- the 12th Meeting of the Working Group on Privatization in September 2005
- the 15th Meeting of the Information Technology Committee in May 2006
- the 1st Meeting of the Subcommittee on Performance Audit in August 2006
- the 2nd Meeting of the Subcommittee on Performance Audit in May 2008
- the 4th Performance Audit Subcommittee (PAS) Meeting in Sept 2010
- the 22nd General Assembly of OLACEFS in Nov 2012
- the 8th Meeting of the Steering Committee INTOSAI-Donor Cooperation in Oct 2015
- the WGITA – 25th Meeting of the Working Group on IT Audit in Apr 2016
- the 14th PSC Steering Committee meeting in June 2017
Task Force INTOSAI Communication (TFIC)
The Task Force INTOSAI Communication (TFIC) was created during the last International Congress of Supreme Audit Institutions (INCOSAI) of the International Organization of Supreme Audit Institutions (INTOSAI) held in Rio de Janeiro, in November 2022.
Within the scope of INCOSAI, at the 76th meeting of the Governing Board of INTOSAI, held on November 8, 2022, the terms of reference on the task force that is reviewing and updating the institution's communication policy were approved. The work is co-chaired by the Federal Court of Accounts (TCU – Brazil), as the Chair of INTOSAI and by the SAI of Austria in its capacity as the General Secretariat of the INTOSAI.
One of the thematic axes of the TCU as the chair of INTOSAI is to strengthen the Global Voice and, among other things, use communication as a strategic tool. To this end, the Task Force aims to define and build a communication and institutional relations strategy that positions INTOSAI before the international community.
The objectives of the task force are as follows:
- Review the organization's communication policy;
- Implement a coordinated and timely flow of communication;
- Improve the external image of INTOSAI by creating a standardized visual image;
- Encourage INTOSAI members to share information in a coordinated manner; and
- Optimize resources to provide accurate, objective and timely information; and
- Review the presentation of INTOSAI's Global Public Goods with the aim of making them easily available for INTOSAI's members and external stakeholders.
In addition to SAI Brazil and Austria, the Task Force includes SAI Egypt, the INTOSAI Vice-Chair, the INTOSAI Development Initiative (IDI), the general secretariats of INTOSAI Regional Organizations, the chairs of the Goal Committees, the INTOSAI Journal and other SAIs with expertise in the field of communication.
To access the terms of reference of the Task Force INTOSAI Communication, click here.